Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Walking in Washington State: Where? Buckley & Enumclaw

What's greater than being a Benedictine? A Benedictine Vocation Director on Vocation!
I have been blessed to come and visit family in the the wonderful northwest.
I love saying, 'Enumclaw'. I have since learned that Enumclaw means wicked winds. Being from Chicago, and the famous windy city I am sure this side of the country is its gentle cousin.

Anyway, coming from a large Catholic family can afford limitless possibilities.
I have the honor of spending time with my oldest brother Frank, and his wife Deb.
I will be at varying times of the week share moments from the trip. The travel here from Arkansas was uneventful but a bit taxing.

I was up at 4 am and felt the day progress until after midnight central standard time--and yes it did not help that I was eager to travel to Washington so I slept little the previous night and so life goes.

Frank grilled fresh salmon and we had steam carrots, cesar salad, homemade banana nut bread, fresh fruit and unbelievable from scratch cream puffs!! How good can life get?
When I can I will post pictures from this first evening. Time to walk to down-town Buckley a quaint place of 3.000 its so picturesque I am sure I will meet Andy Taylor or maybe Aunt Bea!

No comments: